Sunday, May 18, 2008

Calvin Jones




Calvin Jones' super hero name is Rocket Boy.  He is pretty sure Rocket Man is takes, and since he is too young to call himself a man, then Rocket Boy will do.  Calvin's super ability is math, he can add faster than anyone he knows, and he can count to 100 quicker than anyone in the world.  This is why he always wins in hide-and-go-seek, because he counts so fast, people don't have a chance to find a good spot for hiding.  His friends think this is unfair, but Calvin Jones tells them that he can't help it, and to make him count to 1000 instead of 100 would be discrimination against super heroes.  

At summer camp there was a camper of mine named Calvin Jones.  He took my Astronomy class---he was about 9.  Words could not describe him.  He was American, but he sounded like he spoke with a French accent for some reason, and I think he wore the same yellow turtle neck for his entire week at camp.  I'm sad because I remember him being so endearing and hilarious, but I can't think of a way to properly describe just what was so funny about him.    So I guess I wasted this paragraph, but I'll leave it here anyway in tribute to Calvin Jones, wherever he may be.

p.s. Pillow Monster Calvin Jones is here.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think some people just defy words. But how cool that Calvin has become a superhero!

Anonymous said...

WWCJD? Ha ha ha.

Love, Christa

Nichol Brinkman said...

Oh my goodness, I almost forgot about that.

suze said...

I like your name change and hey, it's takes off the pressure to produce everyday.
Hope you are feeling better.
suze:)

Anonymous said...

Hi Nichol, Have just discovered your blog and love all your pillows. Spent all afternoon looking at them all! Love the stories that go with them. Do hope your hands get better so you can keep making them. Can I ask how you got your first name? My surname is Nichol.

Nichol Brinkman said...

Deb, Hi! Thanks for stopping by, My full name is actually Mary Nichol Brinkman, but I have gone bu Nichol since birth. Mary is from my mom's first name and Nichol is from my dad's middle name which was Nicholas (because he was born Christmas day), so they took off they as and put an accent on my O which I don't know how to do on the computer. Thanks for asking, I like the story of my name!

-Nichol