Saturday, June 7, 2008

Little Oscar




Oscar is your little pocket friend who exists only o tell you how beautiful, smart and charming you are.  He is your pal in the work place.  He cheers you on to get your work done and will chant, "(Insert your name here) is the best!  (Insert your name here) beats all the rest!"
He doesn't care if you eat too many jelly bellies, or if you like to watch really bad reality TV shows, he thinks you are number one and he loves you.  Hang him on your wall, or put him on your shelf, he lives to make you feel fabulous!

Oscar is already off to the talented and kind Eva.

He looks like such a charmer.  I imagined him spurring off compliments in a thick Italian accent.  I like working small---I have a few really wonderful requests that I will be working on, and in between those I am going to make small guys.  I think the first will be a giraffe with movable legs.  

The rain has been horrendous over here.  Non-stop.  Poor Albert, his nerves are shot from all the thunder.  His biggest wish in the world right now is for either me or Joseph to sit still for a few hours straight so that he can have some quality nap-in-a-lap time to pull himself together.  On another note, no one is hiring me.  Sniff, sniff.   I'm living in a small town where 99% of the population has a degree, sometimes an advanced degree, married to a grad student and looking for a job.  I also feel like the director of the Twilight Zone is now in charge of designing applications.  Some are so bizarre.  I took this one online that asked me the same questions over and over again in slightly different ways.  Today I will do the Starbucks Circuit!  Thanks for reading and enjoy your Saturday!

7 comments:

Crystal said...

That is my life too! Everyone around here seems to have a souped up PHD in something like Chemistry or some other weird science that you couldn't begin to spell let alone pronounce!

Anonymous said...

Sometimes smaller is better. I like small things. do you charge the same for requests? I am guessing so. I am not sure yet but something cute and small. job hunting sucks and filling out apps and interviews. are you just looking for one type of job or just putting yourself out there for anything. I am not a big star bucks fan but I do hear that they treat there employees well. So good luck with the job hunt.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the job hunt. I have some family in your town and will ask them if they have any leads I can pass along. :)

Nichol Brinkman said...

That would be amazing!

Archie and Melissa said...

Hi Nichol!
I love all of your new dolls! Gwennie is so cool with her movable legs! I love them all! You are so creative. The right job will come!
You are the coolest!
Melissa

bozoette said...

Oscar is wonderful! Eva is very lucky.

Eva said...

oscar arrived today :) he's so so cute and he's standing next to a really tall plush lady, i'll try to send you a picture- it makes him even cuter, just the stark contrast :)