Thursday, April 3, 2008

Buster Brown




Buster Brown is very grumpy.  Everything makes him SO mad:  the sun, the bumps in the road, the bugs, the friendly people who say "hi".   When Buster Brown is especially grumpy, people say to him, "Buster Brown, why don't you get out of town!"  And, Buster Brown says, "No!  This is my town!"  The truth is, he enjoys very much being grumpy and mad at things.  He is not sure why.  The only thing that softens him up is puppies.  He thinks puppies are so cute, fluffy and adorable.  He desperately wants a white poodle.  He would name it Snowball, but in public he would call it Duke, so as not to ruin his reputation.

Buster Brown is another shout out to the amazing Mimi Kirchner!  This tattoo fabric is really funny because there are sweet birds and butterflies, but then there are also bugs and skulls, and then there are the topless ladies (with strategically placed hair).  I got lucky when I made the Luchadors because none of the ladies were showing on them (since they are for children and some parents might think those ladies objectionable), but on Buster Brown, one landed right on his left nipple!  I had to laugh as I was sewing it on.  So, I guess he'll have to be more for the older crowd.

I just got Photo Shop yesterday.  I have this new stuff I want to make.  I can't wait to show you.  I don't know how long it will take because I am really intimidated by Photo Shop and all of its functions and features and buttons and doo-dads, but maybe it won't take too long.  

Also there is a really nice plush interview that you can get to by going to Plush You.   This woman, Abby Glassenberg, does these great, other-worldly birds that are so interesting.

4 comments:

Archie and Melissa said...

Hi Nichol!
I Love Buster Brown and his story. He looks perfect with your troll. :)
Oh! and i learned how to use photoshop elements on http://www.eclecticacademy.com
the classes taught by sara froelich are amazing and only $30 for a 6 week class! i have taken all of her classes for photoshop elements and i loved them all.
:) melissa

Anonymous said...

I love Buster Brown! I think I'm becoming addicted to your tattooed pillow monsters.

Anonymous said...

Buster is one cool dude. I think the tattoos are quite appropriate for him.

Nichol Brinkman said...

Melissa,
Hey thanks! Thanks too, for your advice. I am scared to take a class (and this may sound close-minded) I just know exactly what I want to do and I don't want to learn anything new to distract myself. But, given my experience yesterday, I may try it!

Stacy,
Thanks so much! Careful though! I am running out of tattoo fabric and don't want you to experience withdrawals!

Mary,
I think the tattoos are appropriate for him too. He has no manners, that Buster Brown.