Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Strange Friends for Strange Folks






I'm inching my way to the finish line, slowly and surely for the Strange Folk show.  I just have one pair of giraffe legs to do, one teeny tiny pair, and for the life of me I just couldn't do them today.  There is one sad, leg-less giraffe sitting next to her completely-limbed giraffe friends on my shelf.  "Don't worry, they're comin' sistah!"  In other limb news (I have to break my "no whiny" rule), I broke down and went to a chiropractor to seek out some relief from my repetitive strain injury and back problems.  This was my first visit to a chiropractor and I think things will go well----he did a thorough exam on me and showed genuine concern for the pain I have.  He also listened to and answered all of my questions which I have found to be a rare thing with doctors.....not to mention that in the waiting room was some freshly baked banana bread, so I am pretty sure I chose the right place.  Tomorrow he discusses his game plan with me.  Best case scenario for me is he cracks my bones and the pain immediately dissipates and afterwards I eat a slice of warm banana bread and go home to some fierce pillow monstering.    

8 comments:

Archie and Melissa said...

hi nichol!
oh they are soooo wonderful! i love the giraffes and little girls in bear suits. how absolutely inspired.
i have gone to a chiropractor before for back and neck pain/stiffness and it really helped.
sounds like you found a great dr.
xo
melissa

Leeanna Butcher said...

the right chiropractor is a wonderful thing! hopefully this will help. Good luck at the festival!

Susan said...

I agree. I had a great chiropractor and have been thinking of going back. I haven't been for two years, and I think I need it. I was going for limited movement in my neck and shoulders and it helped so much. Take care. Hugs.

Anonymous said...

Fresh baked goods are my kryptonite. I hope he's able to give you some relief.

Anonymous said...

To Godmother Nichol,

I'm sorry your back still hurts. I should be able to finally meet you sometime on or before Halloween b/c I'm quite large now, and to wait might make me to big to fit coming out.

My dad and mom said to say hi.

William James Brinkman

PS this is my first blog

Kayleigh said...

It was so great to see your pillowmonsters in person at the Strange Folk Festival, and meeting you of course!

-Your "big fan"
Kayleigh

liset said...

COOL!!!!!

Unknown said...

They are soo wonderful! i love the giraffes and little girls in bear suits.

--
Jhon
Plug and play Security Systems no Contracts at the best affordable Prices