Thursday, June 26, 2008

Trevor




This troll is a repeat.  A friend came for a visit with her daughter and baby boy yesterday so I didn't plan anything new.  Here is his story again:

This particular pillow monster is a collaboration project between Grandmother Holsapple and me.  She writes the stories and I sew the creatures.  Here is Trevor's story:

Trevor lives in a small cottage deep in the forest
Now, most trolls live under a bridge and grumble
and growl when someone goes over it
But not Trevor, no, indeed
He likes his friends in the forest and waves at them as he works happily in his garden

Izzy (the daughter) made my day because she had fun in my house since it is part pillow monster factory.  She played with my stock.  It is just a really great thing to see how kids interact with the pillow monsters.  It's fun to think about sending them out into the world in their little box and imagining what kind of role they will play in someone's life.  Will they have a spot on an Ikea couch and be privy to conversations over cocktails?  Will they be a little persons very good friend and in a year or so look completely different from all the play and love?  It's like sending a kid off to college.  Sigh.  Okay, don't worry--I have a job now.    

Trevor is waiting over here for you.

1 comment:

Archie and Melissa said...

Hi Nichol!
I love Trevor.
Yes, your pillow monsters give so much joy to all the see and meet them. Their lives are filled with love and smiles.
xo
melissa